Lecturer in Social Work
Rob studied at Ruskin College Oxford where he graduated with a BA in Social Work in 2007. Rob worked as Youth Offending Service Officer in Oxfordshire between 2007 and 2012 where he worked with young people involved in all levels of the criminal justice system. Rob also specialised in working with young people who committed sexually harmful behaviour. During this time Rob spent a year seconded as a Senior Practitioner with responsibility for supervising a multidisciplinary team. Whilst working with the Youth Offending Service Rob supervised and assessed social work students placed with the YOS and was awarded Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPS) Level 2 in 2014.
In 2012 Rob began working with Oxfordshire County Council’s Skills and Learning Service helping to provide placements for social work students and supporting supervising newly qualified social workers completing the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment. Rob joined Oxford Brookes University in December 2014 where he teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students and has responsibility for student placements.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered Social Worker with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Member of the British Association of Social Workers
- Preparation for Social Work Practice and Professional Suitability/Professional Communication
- Legal Aspects of Social Care
- Professional Consolidation
- Social Work Practice
- Partnerships 3: Managing Collaboration