Jane Goodman-Brown BSc (Hons), RGN, RM, HV Cert, MSc, PGCEA
Programme Lead Public Health
Jane teaches in both the UK and Hong Kong. Her background is in health visiting and she is interested in all aspects of public health. She supports the master’s programmes in Public Health and Infection Prevention and Control as well as the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing courses and the Midwifery 3 year BSc and short Midwifery course. Jane is interested in distance learning and is involved in a range of distance learning modules and programme.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Community Practitioners and Health Visitors Association
- Health promotion distance learning in the UK and face to face in Hong Kong
- Health promotion distance and face to face as part of the MSc in Public Health and MSc Nursing Studies in the UK
- Health Promotion face to face in Hong Kong.
- Health promotion
- Gottwald M, Goodman-Brown J (2012) A guide to practical health promotion. Open University Press
Chapters in books
- Chapter in Mitcheson J (2007) Public Health Approaches to Practice. Cheltenham: Nelson Thorne. Goodman-Brown J. and Gottwald M.
Peer reviewed papers
- Goodman-Brown J. Appleton J.V (2004) How do health visitors perceive their public health role? Community Practitioner Sept, 77, 9 p333-338